Simulator Software Version 4.0.16 Upgrade Procedure
This document explains how to upgrade the software for OEI Simulator platforms.
• A Laptop or a Computer Desktop with Wi-Fi Card – referred in this document as “the
• Administrator access to the Laptop or Computer Desktop to be used during this
• Access to Internet
• An Internet Browser. Supported Browsers and their versions are:
o Chrome: 63.x.x or Greater
o Firefox: 54.x or Greater
o Safari: 11.x.x or Greater
o Edge: 41.x or Greater
1. Connect “the computer” to the Internet
2. Go to the following URL operativeexperience.com/support and download the latest .oei
file Version 4.0.16 for your simulator. Follow the instructions on the web-page
3. Connect the simulator to a power supply. Power up the simulator
4. Once the .oei file has been downloaded, select the Simulator Network via “the
computer” network settings
5. Switch “the computer” network to the Simulator Network
1. During this process, only “the computer” can be connected to the Simulator and NO
OTHER device; Tablet and/or ICI, should be connected to the simulator.
2. The simulator should be connected to a power supply or have above 60% battery power.
Failure to do so might corrupt your system and make your simulator unusable.
Open the Internet Browser
a. In the URL field, type the following: http://10.42.0.1
7. The following screen should appear
a. For Tactical Simulators
Click of the Application Menu – the Three Line icon and from the Menu, select Settings
Settings screen is different for Tactical and for RealMom, therefore we want to make sure we focus exclusively in the System Update portion of Settings that is identical to both (see red square)
Click the “Choose Files” button
a. The File Picker/Select Window will appear. Depending on the version of “the computer” Operating System” the File Select Window might be different
b. Mac OS
d. Select the downloaded file (OEI_Update_4.0.16.oei)
e. Click on Apply Update
f. During the update, the following screen will appear. Click OK.
Once the Simulator update has been completed re-join the Simulator Wi-Fi and check update status
11. Once the Simulator Restarts, the following screen will appear. Click connect for your simulator
12. At this point, it might be necessary to re-join the Simulator Wi-Fi Network. Once “the computer” re-joins the Simulator Network, make sure the new versions have been installed and that the Simulator is fully operational
13. Click on the Application Menu – Three Line icon and from the Menu, select About
a. Check the following three bullets against the current configuration Information
for the Product Type you are configuring:
i. App Version
ii. Software Version
iii. Product Type:
b. Once the above step is complete, quit the Internet Browser and exit “the
computer” from the Simulator Network.
14. Using your Tablet Instructor Control Interface (ICI), join the Simulator Network and start
the OEI Sim application
15. Click on the Application Menu – Three Line icon and from the Menu, select About
16. Your Tablet ICI will give you additional information beyond “the computer” Internet
Browser. Make sure, your App is running the desired version.
If you are updating a RealMom simulator your About screen should look like this after a
If you are updating a Tactical Casualty Care simulator your About screen should look like this after a successful update:
If you are updating a Tactical Casualty Care simulator (OEM model) your About screen should look like this after a successful update: